Thursday 3 April 2014

What I've been watching lately


The majority of movies I have seen lately have indeed been 'ribbiting' however I was browsing Pinterest with this post sat in my drafts folder and couldn't resist including it! 

Saving Mr Banks
I am not sure why I never got around to seeing this when it was out in cinemas as I am a bit of a Disney fanatic so when Mum came home from the supermarket with it on DVD I barely gave her chance to put the shopping away before I was insisting that we watched it! Luckily it did not disappoint and for the past week I have had the songs from Mary Poppins stuck in my head and I have been obnoxiously humming 'let's go fly a kite' wherever I went! For me I thought that the film was brilliantly casted and it was one of those films I found myself getting lost in.... And let's face it, those are the best kind! 

Evan Almighty
This is one of my go to 'pick me up' films and I was feeling a little overwhelmed by university the other weekend so bribed C into watching this with me and it totally did the trick! Afterwards I felt like I could conquer the world! 

The Amazing Spider-Man
As much as I loved the original Spider-Man films when the trailer for the sequel of this movie was released last month me and C decided it was the perfect excuse to sit down and watch it. It was only the second time I had seen the film and I found myself appreciating a lot more of the smaller details if the film that I overlooked first time around.... I was also inspired by Spider-mans love interest to go out and purchase a pair of over the knee socks, but I have yet to wear them sadly :( 

Uptown Girls 
I had seen a lot of hype on my twitter feed about this movie despite it being fairly old and so after a long day of lectures and scoring myself a pizza and garlic bread combo in the asda reduced section (#studentproblems) I tucked myself up in bed to watch it and I was by no means disappointed! It's the kind of film that has a fairly predictable plot but after a day of lectures I wasn't after anything complex and it still had me laughing and almost in tears at one point.. If you too have never heard of this film then I recommend you check it out! 


What have you all been watching lately? Any recommendations? :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment