Thursday 21 August 2014

Birchbox- August 2014

This is my first ever beauty post! I'm not your typical girl who has grown up being obsessed with beauty products and it is in fact something that I have only recently started to pay more attention to. I have seen a few bloggers across the net mention Birchbox and so I decided to take the plunge and ended up getting myself a 6 month subscription! This is my second of the 6 months and my third box overall and is quite possibly my favourite box to date!

In my box I received:

Nude ProGenius Omega Treatment Oil: I haven't actually used this yet as I am currently working in a restaurant and my skin has gotten quite oily of late but as soon as I am back at University, I shall be trying it out!

Vasanti Brighten Up! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator: I still have a sample size of the Liz Earle to use and it is a toss up for me which one to try first! I must admit though that the Vasanti has a more appealing smell for me.

Chella - Chella Ivory Lace Highlighter Pencil: This is probably the only product that I am not overly thrilled to have received as it is probably a little too technical for me at the moment but I still don't feel like it ruined the overall box.

Supergoop Daily Correct CC Cream - Light / Medium: CC products are something that I have been itching to try and I was super excited to receive this, I have only used it the once and whilst I feel the shade is a tad too dark for my skintone, it won't put me off using it again. 

Number 4 Lumiere d'Hiver Super Comb Prep & Protect: As someone with very curly hair, products like these are a life saver! I have used this once and I did notice that my hair was nowhere near as tangly in the evening as it usually is. 


My lifestyle extra was also The Proposal by Tasmina Perry, sadly only the first chapter though! I plan on saving this until I need a new book and then reading it to see if I like it.


All of the subscribers also received this little Travel pouch which will come in handy for me when I travel to visit my boyfriend at Weekends during University.

Overall, I am very impressed with Birchbox and think that it is an excellent way for beauty novices like me to try out some more new products that I may not have even heard of before! If you would like to subscribe to Birchbox then if you follow this link then you will receive 50 Birchbox points, worth £5 to spend in the Birchbox shop! 

PS. Did you like this beauty themed post? Is this something that you would like to see more of on The University Project?


1 comment:

  1. Great post, I have never had a Birchbox but they look very enticing :) I love your blog and I have followed you with Bloglovin. If you ever get a chance to check out my blog I would be delighted, thanks!

    Camille xo

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete