Monday 8 December 2014

Things That Made Me Happy #8


(Found on Pinterest)

This past week has most definitely been on the up! There have been several instances of good news and plenty of times where I have felt that warm fuzzy feeling in my stomach (and not just because of indulging in some take out... ahem!). I had quite a serious talk with my boyfriend this week and it has left me feeling much more settled and in control of things and I think I need to start trying to live by Taylor Swift's motto more often and just 'shake it off'.  Now onto what has been making me happy this week.

1. Acceptance- in the past week I have been invited for two interviews for my PGCE (both of which are this week- eep!). It sounds strange but in the competitive world of teaching, it is rather comforting to know that there are people out there who read your application form and decided they would like to invite you to an interview- please keep everything crossed for me guys!

2. Meeting Goals- last week I hit my Christmas weight goal, several weeks early! I have never found it easy to shift unwanted pounds and so the fact that my hard work is starting to pay off is certainly appreciated.

3. Ordering a New Diary recently, my diary and planning situation has been a bit all over the place  (keep your eyes peeled for a post on this!) but this weekend after watching multiple YouTube videos I decided that I would take the plunge and order a PlumPaper planner which is designed for me to use from January-June (I went for their Student Planner, 6 Months option). Its only been a day since I ordered it and I am so impatient for it to get here already!

4. Discovering Yoga one of the benefits of a gym membership is the ability to try a lot of new exercise classes that you otherwise would not. This morning I tried my first Yoga class and it is safe to say that I am hooked!

5. Starting to re-read the Harry Potter Books my dad re-reads the Lord of The Rings books every winter and since I made the pledge to take more time for myself I have decided that I am going to try and get through as many of the books as I can this winter. I am always amazed by the things that I notice that I never have before, despite the many times I have read these books.

****

Posts that I have loved reading this week include Happiness Volume 90 by The Cup and Saucer, as selfish as it is, it is comforting to know that you're not the only one feeling on top of your game right now. I also lusted over Rosie's London Sunset and Christmas Markets and Laura's post on the topic of the hour.

Bloglovin / TwitterInstagramPinterest / YouTube

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, good luck with your interviews! I'm sure you'll be fab! :-) xx

    ReplyDelete